Friday, May 15, 2015

"Report" Feature for Slope of Path via Texas A&M Forest Service

Good eye!

Thank you!

I serve on our local greenways commission for planning greenway routes.

My desired routes are often at odds with what landscape architects come up with, especially when it comes to slope.

The fact is, I'm both lazy and a fan of efficiency and don't want to ride my bike on a steep slope, so I want to easily contrast the slope of my preferred route with the architect's route.

Generating snazzy reports like this very quickly and with minimal effort and minimal access to spatial datasets is very useful.

I like how it pulled in the topo as the base layer, also.


Thanks,

Tanner



On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Vara, Fernando <fvara@tfs.tamu.edu> wrote:

Hello Tanner,

 

First of all thank you for taking the time for testing our application.

 

You are right, the "report" button on the elevation profile is generating a PDF. Once the PDF is generated it pop-ups in a new tab of your browser.

As I can see in your screenshot you have the pop-up windows disabled in your chrome browser (see in the right of the browser's navigation bar you have a window with an red "x" ).

 

I think you just need to enable those pop-ups for the web site in order to see the PDF.

 

Try that and let me know if it works.

 

Thanks,

 

Fernando Vara
Geospatial Developer | Texas A&M Forest Service
200 Technology Way, Suite 1281 | College Station, TX 77845

Office: (979) 458-6630 | Fax: (979) 458-6650

fvara@tfs.tamu.edu

 

From: Tanner Jessel [mailto:mountainsol@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 9:06 AM
To: Vara, Fernando
Subject: "Report" feature on Mac

 

Hi there, 

 

I just read this with interest:

 

 

I tried it out but I'm wondering about a feature I'm interested in:

 

The "report" button on the elevation profile.

 

Is it supposed to generate some kind of PDF or other document when you click it?

When I click it, nothing happens. 

 

I'm using a mac with Google Chrome.

 

Thanks for any help.

 

-Tanner

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment