Monday, May 4, 2015

City Greenways Data

Good morning,

I have a commission from Mayor Rogero to serve on the city Greenways Board from 2015 - 2018.

I'm doing a spatial analysis and am creating my own spatial data delineating city greenways and parks by referencing 1 ft orthoimagery from USGS National Map Viewer, Google Earth, and KGIS online map viewer.

I am aware that KGIS data is more robust - particularly when I have to "guesstimate" a greenway's path when obscured by forest cover.

Do you happen to know if Knoxville Parks and Rec has access to the same spatial data for greenways as is presented in your "topography" layer?

I suppose what I mean to ask is, is there a fee-for-service for city departments as described at <http://www.kgis.org/portal/Products/DigitalData/PurchaseInformation.aspx>?

Thanks,

Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment